As my first somewhat official task, I set out to create a vpatch for mp-wp to add the footnotes1 and shareable text-selection2 features seen on most republican blogs. After some false starts I realized I would first need to set up a proper local dev environment for working with vtools. Luckily I had some time available during the holidays for completing this particular prerequisite, after which I was able to create a working vpatch for mp-wp.
Without further ado, the vpatch, signature, and my key:
In order to press this patch you will need a keccak-powered
v.pl. Diana Coman was kind and patient enough to help me with this and pointed me to her post on the subject. If you are starting out with V for the first time I highly recommend grabbing the starter pack from that post. It works out of the box and will save you a lot of headaches.
Pressing a fresh copy of mp-wp from this vpatch gets you everything included in the genesis vpatch plus:
As well as a small modification to
Setup of the footnotes feature followed the directions from hanbot. After setting up mp-wp you'll just need to 'activate' the footnotes plugin in the Plugins section of your wordpress admin panel.
My next official task, from hanbot this time, is to put together a vpatch to fix a small image reference bug in the genesis vpatch. I've started working on this locally and after sufficient testing will write up another blog post with the new patch.